Liars and Prisoners
Acts Quiz #3
Click the 'Check Answers' button as often as you like.
Questions with square boxes may have more than one correct answer.
1. What did Ananias and Sapphira lie about?
How much money they sold their land for
Where they bought their camel
When they got married
2. Why were believers selling their belongings?
So they could share with others in need
To pay for repairs at the Pool of Bethesda
They were downsizing
3. What happened to Ananias when Peter confronted him about his lying?
He ran home crying
He fell over dead
He was put in jail
4. What happened to Sapphira when Peter confronted her about lying?
She paid extra taxes
She became their enemy
She fell over dead
She was put in jail
5. Peter said that Ananias had not lied to men, but to who?
6. Many people lined the streets hoping what would fall on them as Peter passed by?
7. How did the Sadducees react when they saw many people believing in Jesus?
They danced for joy
They wept bitterly
They became angry
8. Where did the Sadducees put Peter and the apostles for the night?
In a hotel on Straight Street
In a boat in the sea
9. What happened during the night?
An earthquake shook the jail
They were moved to Cyprus
They moaned and cried
An angel let the apostles out of jail
10. What did the angel tell the apostles to do?
Go and hide
Go and sail to Nineveh
Go to the mountains and wait for Jesus to return
Go back to the temple and speak about Jesus
11. When the temple police went to bring the apostles up out of jail, what did they find?
Twelve cakes of bread and a candle
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
The guards standing by the locked doors, and the jail cell empty
12. Where were the apostles found?
They were never seen again
On the top of Mount Sinai
At the temple speaking about Jesus
13. The religious leaders were furious and wanted to do what to the apostles?
Send them to Washington
Make them eat insects
Put them on a boat
14. A respected man who taught the law told the religious leaders to leave these men alone or they may find themselves fighting against God Himself. What was this man's name?
15. What did the religious leaders do with the apostles before releasing them?
Beat them and ordered them not to speak about Jesus
Cut their hair off
Called them names which cannot be repeated