Stephen and Philip Called to Serve
Acts Quiz #4
Click the 'Check Answers' button as often as you like.
Questions with square boxes may have more than one correct answer.
1. Who felt the apostles were neglecting them?
Nathan and his neighbors
The Greek speaking Jewish widows
2. Who did the apostles appoint to help take care of the believers' needs?
Ahinoam and Azriel
Jehoram of Judah
Seven faithful men filled with the Holy Spirit and wisdom
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
3. Which of these men were among the seven men appointed to help take care of the believers? (Check all that apply.)
4. Stephen spoke with such wisdom that the foreign Jews could not refute what he said. What did they do?
Hired men to tell lies about Stephen
Paid Stephen money to stop preaching
Reported Stephen to the King
5. Stephen was brought before the Sanhedrin and his face looked like what?
A house of stones
A wild animal
6. What happened to Stephen when the Sanhedrin dragged him outside the city?
He was chained to a leper
They thanked him
They killed him
They sent him to Jericho on a crippled mule
7. That same day, what began to happen to other believers?
They stopped sharing
They mysteriously died
They became wealthy
They were tormented and dragged from their houses
8. Who began to attack followers of Jesus?
9. What did many believers do because of the attacks?
Hid in the temple
Moved out of Jerusalem
10. A man in Samaria who practiced sorcery became a believer. What was his name?
11. The Holy Spirit told Philip to walk down a certain road. Who passed by in a chariot?
A man from Rome
A man from Egypt
A man from Ethiopia
Satan disguised as a serpent
12. What was the man in the chariot reading?
The book of Amos
The writings of Josephus
A scroll of Isaiah
13. Philip got into the chariot and explained to the man about Jesus. What was the man's response?
He did not believe
His body believed, but not his mind
14. What happened when the chariot passed by some water?
The scroll vanished
They took a drink
Philip threw the scroll into the water
The man in the chariot wanted to be baptized