Captives in a Strange Land
Daniel Quiz #1
Click the 'Check Answers' button as often as you like.
Questions with square boxes may have more than one correct answer.
1. Who wrote the book of Daniel?
2. When the Jews were forced to leave Israel, where were they taken to?
The tower of Babel
3. Who was the king of Babylon at this time?
4. Who did the king give special food and training to?
Beautiful young women
Healthy and happy old women
Bright good-looking young men
Wise and wrinkled old men
5. What did these special recruits eat?
Bread and Fish
Ginger and Ale
The same food as the peasants
The same food as the king
6. What were the names of the four Israelites that are mentioned in Daniel 1?
7. What were the four Israelites' names changed to?
8. What did these young men object to? (check all that apply)
Eating food they were not allowed to eat
Having their names changed
Learning Chaldean culture
Living in Babylon
9. What did the guard say when he heard Daniel's concern?
I may be killed if I give you different food
Do you like grilled chicken?
Where can I get more food at this hour?
If I do this for you, I'll have to do it for everybody
10. How did Daniel resolve the situation?
He got mad at the guard and threatened him
He suggested a 10 day experiment
He gave in and worshipped a Chaldean idol
He sent a message to Abraham Lincoln about slavery
11. What happened after 10 days?
The four Israelites looked healthier than the other young men
The four Israelites grew sick and weak
The four Israelites died
The four Israelites saw visions of a fiery furnace
12. What did King Nebuchadnezzar think of the four Israelites three years later?
They were 10 times better than all his other wise men
They were more handsome than the king's finest horse
They were stronger than all the other young men combined
They needed a bath