Joash the Boy King
Elisha Quiz #8
2 Kings 11 - 12, 2 Chronicles 22-24
Click the 'Check Answers' button as often as you like.
Questions with square boxes may have more than one correct answer.
1. Why did Athaliah kill all of her relatives?
She hated all of them
They all hated her
So she could be Queen of Judah
So she wouldn't have to buy them Christmas presents
2. What was the name of the boy child who was a relative of Queen Athaliah, but wasn't killed?
3. Why did wicked Queen Athaliah leave one of her relatives alive?
He wasn't born yet
He was in Egypt
Athaliah was confused about who he was
He was kept hidden from her
4. Who was the high priest that raised the boy?
5. How old was the boy when he was crowned king?
6. What happened to wicked Queen Athaliah when the boy became king?
She pretended to faint
She started the group "Wicked Queens Matter"
She was put in prison
She was killed outside the city gates
7. What did King Joash want to repair?
The chariots of Judah
The broken tablets of the ten commandments
8. How did King Joash collect money to repair the temple?
Put a heavy tax on the people
Sold baked goods
Took money from the treasury
Put a wooden box outside the temple
9. Who actually made the repairs on the temple?
Soldiers of the army repaired what they could
All women over 40 years of age were forced to do the repairs
Volunteers did the repairs
Workmen were hired to do the repairs
10. Who did King Joash obey while Jehoida was alive?
The one true God
Wicked Queen Athaliah
The gods of Egypt
11. Who did King Joash become friendly with after Jehoida was dead?
The people of Gilead
Queen Athaliah's advisors
12. How would you describe King Joash's last days?
He grew to be very powerful
He became somewhat prosperous
He disobeyed God
He became famous throughout the land