The Wall Is Completed
Nehemiah Quiz #4
Nehemiah 5 - 6
Click the 'Check Answers' button as often as you like.
Questions with square boxes may have more than one correct answer.
1. In Nehemiah 5, what stopped?
Work on the walls stopped
A caravan of camels stopped
The sun stopped for 8 minutes
The Jordan River stopped flowing
2. What problems were the workers facing?
Problems traveling the roads safely
Problems with sunburn
3. Who was lending money to the poor and charging a high interest rate?
Rich people such as rulers and noblemen
4. Why were the poor unable to pay back the money? (Check all that apply)
They were lazy
They were busy working on the walls
There was a famine
They were being charged a high interest
5. What word is used in the Bible for the practice of charging high rates of interest?
6. What does the Bible say about the practice of charging usury?
It was a good thing
It was sometimes allowed
It was wrong
7. How did Nehemiah react when he learned about the high interest rates being charged?
8. What did Nehemiah do about the situation?
Decided to let the poor people suffer
Told King Artaxerxes what was going on
Put all rich people in prison
Told the rulers that usury was wrong
9. How did the rulers and noblemen respond to Nehemiah's words?
The agreed to stop charging usury and to give back everything that was taken
They became angry and charged more interest
They left Jerusalem and went to Jericho
They charged the Levites a worship tax
10. What did Nehemiah give away every day?
11. Why did the enemies try to get Nehemiah to meet in the plains of Ono?
To give gifts to Nehemiah
To harm Nehemiah
To make peace
To write a history book
12. What lies were the enemies threatening to tell King Artaxerxes?
Nehemiah is planning to revolt and make himself king
Nehemiah is killing Jews with too much work
Nehemiah is marrying wives from heathen lands
Nehemiah is leading the people in idol worship
13. How did the enemies say to Nehemiah to try to scare him into hiding?
"A swarm of bees is coming toward Jerusalem"
"You are too ugly to be seen in public"
"Soldiers are coming from Persia to put you in prison"
"Enemies are coming to kill you, so you should hide in the Temple"
14. How long did it take to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem?