Nehemiah Returns To Jerusalem
Nehemiah Quiz #6
Nehemiah 13:3 - 13:31
Click the 'Check Answers' button as often as you like.
Questions with square boxes may have more than one correct answer.
1. Nehemiah found Moabites and Ammonites living in Jerusalem. What were the problems with this? (Check all that apply.)
Jerusalem was a city for God's people
Moabites and Ammonites did not worship God
Moabites and Ammonites should not have been living in Jerusalem
Jerusalem was overcrowded
2. What did the people do about the Moabites and Ammonites living in Jerusalem?
Forced them to move out of Jerusalem
Didn't allow them to drink water
Made them work in the fields
3. What did Nehemiah find happening on the Sabbath?
People were working and buying and selling
People were cursing
People were painting the town
People were crying
4. What did Nehemiah do to keep people in Jerusalem from buying and selling on the Sabbath?
Tied them to the doorpost
Sent postcards in the mail
Told them "Everything is on sale next week"
Kept the city gates closed the entire Sabbath.
5. Who was living in the Temple that should not have been?
6. What did Nehemiah do to the room in the Temple that was being used as living quarters? (Check all that apply.)
Burned it with fire
Threw all of Tobiah's things out
Put back the things used for worship
Put up a statue of the Prime Minister
7. What were the Levites doing instead of working in the Temple?
8. What did the people do when Nehemiah pointed out that they needed to give money to the Lord's work so the Levites could do their jobs in the Temple?
Started bringing their tithes to the temple
Ran to Joppa
Pretended to be poor
Took out loans from the bank
9. What did Nehemiah say about the marriages to heathens that had taken place?
It was a very evil thing that they had allowed
What a great idea
Heathens are welcome here
10. What was done to Eliashib's grandson that married Sanballat's daughter?
Nehemiah sent him to summer camp
Nehemiah chased him away
Nehemiah welcomed him into his home
Nehemiah beat him with a stick
11. What had happened many years before when the people in Jerusalem disobeyed God?
God caused rain for 40 days
God brought famine and an east wind
God cause fire to fall from the clouds
God allowed Jerusalem to be destroyed and its people captured
12. What did Nehemiah do every time a difficult situation came up?